Table of Contents
What is Trakt?
Trakt is a platform that synchronizes or keeps track of the streaming content, such as TV shows and movies that you watch online. It integrates your device to enable scrobbling, so the site runs automatically.
Although, this platform is readily available on hundreds of streaming sites, including Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon, Sony LIV, Vimeo, Pluto TV, and iTunes.
Although, this site provides scrobbling service to every streaming category. In addition, These are movies, TV shows, music, video, audio in a single place. It also works as an addon for Kodi and other media sites such as Plex, MediaPortal, Emby, and more.
The Track dashboard provides the total summary of your official Trakt account. In addition, It offers categories like an upcoming schedule of shows, what to watch next, recently watched episodes, and a summary of the last 30 days’ activity.
Apart from that, an official API address is available on the Trakt site to work with android and iOS devices, which 3rd party developers already use to offer native Android and iOS.
The official domain Trakt is trakt.tv. Although the trakt TV is free of cost, one needs to sign up for an account. To use a solution requires log-in details, i.e., name and email address.
How Do I Set Up Trakt?
To enable Trakt on your device, follow the steps given below:
- First, create a free user account on the official website of Trakt.
- Enter the required details of your profile
- Then, Click on the Next button and select your favorite genres shown on the page
- After that, Add the TV and Movies category and select the titles you have watched previously to take the next title accordingly
Set Up Trakt on Kodi
In addition, If you want to set up Trakt on Kodi of what you have watched, then try it in the simple steps listed below:
- Redirect to the Kodi dashboard click on your favorite add-ons like TheOath or any other according to your choice. Here, we take an example of the ‘TheOath‘ addon.
- Click on the ad on the menu and select the tool option.
- Go to the accounts tab.
- You find the Trakt option. Inside it, click on the “Authorization” tab.
- Later, you will get a Trakt authorization code; copy it.
- In your browser, go to https://trakt.tv/activate the site and enter the copied code to start your user account
- Now, it asked are you wanted to add the account. Click on the yes option.
- At last, Your Trakt device connected successfully.
There are various features of Trakt as shown below:
- Automatically scrobbles watching streaming shows
- Get a link to watch content immediately.
- Movie calendar and personalized TV option
- Featured and Personal list of shows
- Track running TV shows
- Watch trending shows
- Manage watchlist
- Follow your friends
Hundreds of alternatives are available for the Trakt platform that works similar to Trakt TV. A few of them are listed below:-
- TVShow Time
- Cinema Time 2.0.
- TVShow Time 2.0
Never Miss an Update. Get Free Tricks & Tips.