This article will help you choose the best VPN for Kodi on Firestick, Android Box, Raspberry Pi, etc. We have reviewed lots of VPN and picked up the best VPNs that work with Kodi on Firestick. The VPN mentioned in this article works perfectly for all the devices such as Amazon FireStick, Windows, Android, iOS, Android TV box, etc. I find these VPNs best because they provide higher speed, better security, privacy, convenience and enhances the streaming experience on your media player.
Kodi is one of the widely used media players. It is an open-source media player that provides various streaming options to its users. The best thing about Kodi is that it is versatile in nature and freely available to use.
Just wait! if you regularly stream on Kodi you must think about your privacy. When you take your privacy seriously, using a VPN with Kodi is a must. You can use a free VPN but I do not recommend using a free VPN for Kodi as it does not provide the standard privacy, security, encryption, and even you cannot unlock the geo-restricted content.
VPN stands for the virtual private network. The name itself says that it transfer your personal data indirectly. It provides you online privacy by generating a private network from a public internet connection. Further, VPN hides your IP address so that people can not track your online actions.
The VPN encrypts your data through a tunnel, and Internet Service Provider (ISP) does not know about what you surf. It means when your data is transmitted to the internet it comes from the private server i.e VPN rather than directly from your computer. VPN on Kodi makes your online activities private and allows you to access restricted streaming content. One more benefit of using a VPN with Kodi is that it prevents bandwidth throttling so that you can stream on Kodi without buffering.
Table of Contents
Why Use a Kodi VPN
If you are afraid of your personal data to hack, you need to make secure your streaming device using a Kodi VPN. Some of the Kodi add-ons are geo-blocked as these add-ons have been correlated to copyright violation and have been banned. For this reason, these add-ons are only available in limited countries and not available everywhere.
VPN allows you to access content in areas where the content is not accessible. Have you ever tried to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime videos and received a pop-up message notifying you “this service is not available at your location.”? It means that content is not accessible in your area because the content is geo-blocked. You can use a VPN for Kodi to watch content from all over the world.
Everyone wants privacy, If you are using Kodi without a VPN that means you are compromising your privacy. Hackers, ISP, and Third parties may watch and monitor your online activities. So using Kodi without VPN is very very risky. We all know that a VPN encrypts our data and nobody comes to know what data is traveling through our device. Further, I have explained why to use a VPN with Kodi in detail.
Kodi VPN Benefits
If you want to use a Kodi media player with high security and want to allow access to restricted content, you need a VPN. I have given the main reasons below wherein you need a VPN if you want to stream restricted content on Kodi.
1. Data Privacy
To keep your data safe and hide your privacy, you need a VPN for Kodi. If you run an internet service provider (ISP), it charges you. The data used by customers is proportional to cost. Further, when you use unauthenticated Kodi add-ons to stream your favorite content such as Movies, TV shows, News, Supports channels and etc., it is advised not to allow your ISP to trace everything that you are streaming.
A VPN encrypts all your information that passes in and out of the Kodi TV box. It is further implemented to transfer all your personal data through a VPN server of your preference located anywhere in the world. This restricts your ISP from tracing the causes of all your Internet traffic.
2. Stream Anonymously
If you use a VPN server for your Kodi TV box then it allows you to browse, stream, and download your favorite content anonymously. If you are seen to be using copyrighted content, you may face legal trials in unusual cases, so a VPN helps you here. It masks your Internet Protocol address and also hides the identity and location. However, privacy and anonymity are two different things. Privacy stands for storing your data to yourself whereas anonymity means hiding your identity. Further, please know that all the VPNs are not anonymous and no VPN gives you a complete guaranty of anonymity. We have included the best Kodi VPN for higher security in our list.
3. Access Unlimited Streaming
The most prominent reason why VPN is important for Kodi and other streaming services because it provides endless streaming access to its users. It really hurts when you are not able to watch your desired content, and sometimes you get a popup that you are not eligible to stream a particular content because of your location, it is known as geo-blocking because video providers set limitations for streaming based on your location.
For large companies like Netflix and Amazon, it’s not a big deal to figuring out your live location, even if you are serving through a VPN. Though I have lots of other international websites I can access using a VPN to log into a server in an accessible country. Because when you use a VPN for your device, you have the option to choose a server for the country of your own choice. After connecting to a particular VPN server, geo-restricted Kodi addons guess that you are a resident of a region where their content is actually available.
Read: Best VPN for Android
Best VPNs for Kodi 19 Matrix
I have gone through research and prepared a list of the best Kodi VPN, people can use in 2021. If you do not want your Kodi media player to have logs and information. You can use any of the VPN given below, It will hide all the information you stream over there. Further, you no need to worry about it and roam here and there in search of a good VPN. Because I have already found it for you. The best VPN should consist of lots of things such as:
- Good speed
- Data privacy
- Security features
- Compatibility with Kodi devices
Futhermore, below is the list of the best Kodi specific VPNs.
1. PrivateInternetAccess VPN
The name itself indicates that it is best for privacy concerns. If you are looking for both a reliable and trustworthy VPN for your Kodi media player then PrivateInternetAccess (PIA) is one of the most trusted VPN. Earlier, a PIA subscription lets you use up to 5 devices, which is normal for the industry. After updating its price and features, the number of devices you can use concurrently to 10.
- Number of Servers: 35430+
- Server Countries: 78
- Maximum Devices Support: 10
- Money Back Policy – 30 Days
- Website:- PrivateInternetAccess.com
PIA consists of an open-source VPN service. It supports a lot of VPN technologies. Nowadays, Netflix is the most in-demand media services provider that holds 167.1 million subscribers all over the world. Further, PrivateInternetAccess has concentrated only on unblocking the Netflix manuscripts that’s the reason I listed it in the first place.
There are three main reasons for which you need PIA VPN:
- PIA Protect your online privacy and identification – By using PIA you can browse, stream, and download anonymously with a hidden IP, and provide high encryption to hide your information from your internet service provider and unrestricted Wi-Fi networks.
- Unlock Restriction Filters – You can enjoy unrestricted access to an anonymous VPN server. It unlocks any geo-blocked restrictions.
- World’s Best Leading VPN – PIA has the widest network ability across the globe to provide the highest speeds and most encryption. It is a proven no-log VPN service.
PrivateInternetAccess VPN provides below features:
- PIA carries multiple VPN technologies like P2P support, WireGuard, and L2TP
- Provides secure connection speed
- Compatible with 10 devices together
- Does not consist of traffic logs
- Easy to use
PrivateinternetAccess VPN is compatible with the Following:-1
|Windows & MAC||Ubuntu||iPad & iPhone||Android|
|Android PPTP (2.3.4)|
Android OpenVPN (root)
PrivateInternetAccess VPN Offers
- Monthly – $9.95/month
- Yearly – $3.33/month
- Two Years – $2.69/month
Save 73% on Two Years Plan
ExpressVPN is the most liked VPN for users. But it’s not easy to set up a VPN, even for specialists. However, one of the specialties of this VPN is it provides 24/7 customer support via live chat. So, if you face any of the issues you can contact their team and they will help you out instantly. Further, ExpressVPN does not provide any free trial and the price is also a little bit higher than other VPNs. Apart from that, if you face any difficulty in using the VPN it gives you a facility to get a 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Number of Servers: 3,000+
- VPN Server Countries: 94
- VPN Server Locations: 160
- Money Back Policy – 30 Days
- Website:- ExpressVPN.com
Below are reasons for which you need ExpressVPN:
- Apps for every device you Own – ExpressVPN subscription offers safe and easy-to-use apps for all devices you have such as iOS, Linux, Mac, Chromebook, Kindle Fire, Nook, Windows, Android, and so much more. Additionally, ExpressVPN is compatible with Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, and many more. You can secretly download the app with high protection and get set up in a few seconds.
- 24/7 live customer support – One of the best things about ExpressVPN is it provides 24/7 service to its customers via email and live chat to help you with setup and troubleshooting. You need not wait for hours if you have any of the concerns related to your VPN. It has well-prepared trainers to solve your issues instantly.
- Strict policy against no-logging – ExpressVPN can guarantee against keeping no logs of your activity. Of course, it is essential If you do not want your Kodi media player to have logs and information.
- Browse privately
- Unblock websites
- Unlimited streaming
- Hide your IP Address
- ExpressVPN makes you stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and more in full HD
- 30-day money-back guarantee without any uncertainty
- Stream content from any geo-blocked website anywhere in the world
- Compatible with 5 devices
- Keeps you secure and anonymous anytime you go online
- 160 VPN locations
- Best-in-class encryption
- VPN Speed Test
- Trusted server technology
- Network Lock kill switch
- Private DNS on every server
- Split tunneling
- No activity or connection logs
Express VPN is supports almost all devices:-
|Operating Systems||Browsers||Smart TV Systems||Game Consoles|
Fire TV Stick
Express VPN Offers
- Monthly – $12.95/month
- 6 Months – $9.99/month
- 15 Months – $6.67/month
Save 49% on 15 Months Plan
NordVPN provides Double-VPN and P2P servers, which means they encrypt your data twice between your device and the regular internet, hence it is the best VPN match for your Firestick. Also, you will stay anonymous as a single server will be able to recognize the IP address of your device and the sites you visit. Apart from that, NordVPN offers an automatic kill switch. It can block your device from accessing the internet in case of disruption from the VPN, helping to prevent your data from revealed.
- Number of Servers: 5413+
- Server Countries: 59
- Maximum Devices Supported: 6
- Money Back Policy – 30 Days
- Website:- NordVPN.com
NordVPN is the best option if you want a good VPN for torrenting as it provides secure and steady speeds. It will be beneficial while torrenting large files. Everything is great in NordVPN but one thing i.e it doesn’t provide is Free Trial to its users. Nevertheless, there is a reliable process to use the service free for 30 days. Nowadays, NordVPN is one of the most expensive VPNs on the demand, allowing broad network services of over 5,500 servers across 64 countries.
There are three main advantages of NordVPN, check them below:
- Secure browsing to the internet – NordVPN offers you a strong, encrypted cave for online traffic to flow. Nobody can see through the cave and access your internet data. It is the best VPN if you are looking for a secure service when you use public Wi-Fi. NordVPN helps you to keep your online activities secure by encrypting your connection and covering your IP address. It also supports you to securely access your data from anywhere and preserves you from ISP throttling.
- Fast and durable connection – NordVPN is the fastest speed VPN for Kodi amongst all. After a lot of research, I observed it to be quite stable. The servers were consistently speeding and I did not encounter any lost connections. NordVPN currently has 5500+ servers in 62 countries a big number that makes it best fastest VPN service provider for Kodi. In fact, I went through lots of speed tests using different VPN etiquettes and found that NordVPN speed test outcomes were remarkable.
- Device compatibility – NordVPN holds apps for most of the devices that generally used such as Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, iOS, macOS, and Windows. It assuredly opens content from the routers, Tubi TV, and iPlayer WWW Kodi add-ons. Further, It does not keep any logs and trusted by millions of internet users.
The NordVPN has following key features:-
- Secure Internet
- Fastest VPN
- Strict no-logs policy
- Uninterrupted Streaming
- Use with Ease
- Multiple Devices
- VPN Server Everywhere
Moreover, NordVPN packages are pretty higher. If you wish to explore this VPN, we suggest you pick the cheap 3-year subscription plan rather than the monthly package as it’s best for you at just $2.75/month.
The NordVPN is compatible with many platforms viz:-
iOS · iPhone · iPad
- Monthly – $11.95/month
- 1 Year – $4.92/month
- 2 Years – $3.71/month
Save 68% on Two Years Plan
IPVanish VPN is best for anonymous torrenting options available in the market, at $77.88 per year with 1400+ servers in 75 countries, no one provides more choice. Of course, you can demand top-end encryption, no logs policy, 24/7 customer support service, and a kill switch as standard. It does not include any limit on streaming or torrenting. We discussed to an IPVanish agent who claims that all of the provider’s servers IPVanish manages itself rather than rented, and every server location is physical.
- Number of Servers: 1400+
- Server Region: 75+
- Maximum Devices Supported: 10
- Money Back Policy – 30 Days
- Website:- IPVanish.com
Overall, it highly recommended for good speed and privacy but I do not suggest it for streaming geo-blocked content. Some Firestick users have reported that they can not access US Netflix consistently through this VPN. If you are specifically looking at a VPN for streaming on Kodi, IPVanish is a great choice. Speed, privacy, and security make it an ideal VPN for torrenting and Kodi.
IPVanish VPN has following features:-
Unmetered device connections
No data transfer caps
Servers in 75+ regions
Shared IP addresses
|Zero traffic logs|
Proxy web server
Access to censored media
Multiple connection protocols
24/7 customer support
- Accessibility – The best features of IPVanish VPN include 1,400+ servers in 75 countries, high-bit AES encryption, limitless P2P traffic, and anonymity. By using a single account you can connect up to 10 devices. It holds an unbelievable 40,000+ IPs.
- Great speed and security – IPVanish is one of the fastest VPN service providers. It also provides unlimited bandwidth to its paid users for the best representation. Henceforth, streaming content anonymously is more secure with IPVanish VPN. Like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, IPVanish also offers a strong no-log policy, and no IP address leaks for its users.
- 7-days money-back guarantee – IPVanish VPN allows you to enjoy a free 7-day trial. Unlike other VPNs, it does not provide only limited features in the trial version but also provides a full range of features. So that you can explore everything about the VPN. You do not need to enter your card details for those 7-days.
- Monthly – $3.49/month
- 1 Year – $31.49/month
Save $81.89 on Yearly Plan
Best Kodi VPN Questions
Using a free VPN with Kodi is not advisable because most of the Free VPNs:-
1. Provide weak encryption
2. Log your personal data
3. Do not provide higher bandwidth (Streaming video on Kodi consumes more bandwidth)
4. No Customer Support
5. Lots of unwanted/irritating ads
6. May sell your personal data for monetary benefits
7. Do not unlock geo-blocked content
Hence, if you love your privacy you should choose a VPN that provides you rich streaming experience.
Yes, As described in this guide, you must use a VPN with Kodi. The main benefits of using a VPN with Kodi are protecting Privacy, get rid of Bandwidth Throttling, Geo-blocked restrictions, etc.
No, you need only one VPN, you can use it on multiple devices which means if you have a VPN that can be used on Firestick/ FireTV as well as on Kodi which you have installed on any Android, Windows, iOS, macOS, or any other supported device.
PrivateInternetAccess VPN is a widely used VPN for streaming on Kodi and similar streaming software like Plex, Emby, etc.
Of course, you can watch Netflix while using a VPN on Kodi. In fact, a VPN unlocks many more options for your streaming activities like you can break the barriers of geo-restrictions.
Finally, after thorough research, I have found the above VPNs that are best for your Kodi device. These VPNs have everything that a Kodi media player should consist such as security, speed, anonymity, and unlimited content from any geo-blocked website.