In this guide, we will discuss how to fix the Firestick remote blinking orange but not pairing. Commonly, the Firestick remote blinks yellow or orange due to low battery, intensive use of the Firestick, connection issues, or defective remote.
Causes of Firestick Remote Blinking Yellow
1. Low Battery:
If your Firestick remote starts blinking yellow, first and foremost, you should check the remote batteries. Try replacing the existing batteries in your remote because weak or drained batteries can cause the remote to malfunction and the lights to flash unpredictably.
2. Device Conflict:
Check whether there are other Fire TV devices available nearby. a Firestick remote may blink yellow or orange when it is not in the range of Firestick or there may be conflict with any other Firestick device located nearby.
3. Connection Issue:
Another possible reason for the yellow blinking light on your Firestick remote is a connection problem. In other words, there may be an issue either with the remote or the Firestick itself, preventing effective communication between the two devices.
To overcome this problem, try to unplug both devices and reconnect them one at a time in the order they were initially plugged in. If the problem persists, consider resetting the settings on your device.
4. Defective Remote:
If the light on your Firestick remote blinks yellow, it’s possible that the remote control unit is defective. In such a case, replacing the remote control unit may resolve the issue.
Fix Blinking Orange & Pairing Issue
1. Reset the Router:
If your Firestick remote blinks yellow and you’re unsure what to do, don’t worry! You can quickly resolve this issue by using the reset button on your router. Here’s how:
- Shut down your Firestick and the router.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the router.
- Hold the reset button for 10 seconds until the light starts flashing orange.
- Plug the power cord into the back of the router and turn it on.
- Wait for the light to turn green, then release the reset button.
- Connect your Laptop or PC to your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Click Log In.
2. Re-pair the Remote:
To re-pair the remote, hold the home button, then simultaneously press and release the rewind button.
- Hold the home button on the remote control for 5 seconds. This will bring up the Bluetooth menu.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to select “Device Options.”
- Select “pairing mode” and wait for the Firestick to find the remote control.
- Once they are paired, hold the home button for 5 seconds until you see a confirmation message on your screen.
3. Unplug the Firestick:
Unplug the Firestick and plug it into the device again. If this doesn’t work, you can hold the power button on the device for about 20 seconds until it restarts.
4. Check the Batteries of Your Firestick Remote:
If your Amazon Firestick remote blinks yellow, the batteries may be replaced. You can solve this issue by using a checker to test the battery level of your remote or by replacing the batteries themselves.
5. Check the Connection:
Ensure that your Firestick and TV are turned on and properly connected. The light on the front of the Firestick should be solid green if everything works correctly.
6. Check the Batteries:
Remove the cover from the back of your remote and inspect the batteries for corrosion or damage. If necessary, replace them with fresh alkaline batteries.
So, we have discussed the possible causes and their fixes to fix the Firestick remote blinking yellow or orange. Try them one by one and let us know if you find a new way to solve this problem.
- Fix Not Working Firestick Remote
- Solve PLR_PRS_CALL_FAILED Error
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick
- Can We Use Firestick With Roku
- Do You Need Wifi for Firestick
- Streaming Apps for Firestick 4K
- Fix “Home is Currently Unavailable” on Firestick
- How to Fix Firestick Overheating Problem
- Should You Buy Jailbroken Firestick