In this tutorial, we will see how to install the Seren addon on Kodi 19.0 Matrix. The first thing to spot is that the installation method is the same for all devices, be it FireTVStick, FireTVStick 4K, Mobiles, Tablets, Laptops, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Seren is one of the popular Kodi addons for movies and TV shows and came into life in 2018. The addon focuses on user-friendliness in particular and gives all the basic features. Another key point is that Seren addon gives high-quality streaming links.
Most importantly, you must take a premium subscription of Premiumize or Real-debrid for streaming on Seren. After taking a subscription, you must integrate the addon with Premiumize or Real-debrid account. On the negative side, the Seren does not work without a premium subscription from Real-debrid or Premiumize.
Another key point is that the addon also supports Trakt integration so that you can watch videos and movies of your choice. You can configure “Smart Play Settings” when you integrate the Trakt account with Seren.
The addon even supports torrents. Hence, using a VPN becomes very much necessary. I strongly recommend using the PrivateInternetAccess VPN that has unbreakable military-grade encryption and is an award-winning VPN.
Finally, if you need an addon that works without buffering, Seren is the best choice.
Seren Kodi Addon Installation Steps
Table of Contents
Turn on Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Kodi app, go to Settings.
2. Turn on the “Unknown sources” option. This is needed to install the Seren addon.
3. A popup warns that “personal data stored on this devices will be given access“, in order to install the Seren addon, you have to click on Yes. Normally, Seren works without an error, however, sometimes you may find Seren addon not working, but that might be due to some reasons that we have discussed in this article.
Add Seren Addon Sources
4. Again, click on the “gear” icon.
5. Select “File manager” option.
6. On the right pane, click on the “Add source” option.
7. A popup appears, asking to add a file source. Click on <None>.
8. A blank text field appears.
9. Enter the path for Seren addon repository i.e. https://nixgates.github.io/packages. Thereafter, click OK.
10. Below the repository path, enter a name for the media source. I entered as “packages“. Click OK.
11. Go to “Add-ons”.
Install Seren from Zip File
12. Click on “Install from zip file“.
13. Select “packages“.
14. Choose nixgates.repository.zip, click OK.
15. Wait for some time while the Nixgates Repo gets installed.
Install Seren from Repository
16. Click on “Install from repository“.
17. Select “Nixgates Repo“.
18. Click on “Video addons”.
19. Select “Seren“. I have Nixgates – 1.6.19, your version might be different than this.
20. Click on the “Install” button located at the bottom-right corner.
21. A popup asks to install additional Seren add-ons, simply click OK.
22. Wait for some time, a message stating “Seren Add-on installed” appears. Finally, the Seren addon installation is complete.
How to Use Seren Addon
23. Thereafter, go to “Add-ons“, on the right pane, a Seren Addon icon appears.
24. Click on the “Seren” add-on icon.
25. A list of options like Discover Movies, Discover TV Shows, Search…, Tools appears. Click on “Discover Movies” to view movies.
26. A list of categories appears viz. Most Popular, Trending, Most Played, Most Watched, Most Collected, Most Anticipated, Box Office Top 10, Recently Updated, Genres, Years, By Actor… etc.