This article will describe how you can install any Kodi add-on on your device without significant hassle. First, we need to understand what Kodi add-ons are and how the Kodi add-on works on your device. Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, Kodi Boxes, etc.
After going through the complete article thoroughly, you will be able to install any Kodi add-on quickly.
What Are Kodi Addons?
Add-ons are a kind of small tool package that come with Kodi. These allow you to stream online content on Firetvstick, iOS, Android, Kodi Boxes, PC, Firetv Cube, etc.
Kodi offers various kinds of add-ons, viz. Video add-ons, Music add-ons, Live TV add-ons, etc. On the other side, we have Program add-ons and Service add-ons that offer a wide range of helpful tools. Also, you can control your Kodi software using the web interface add-on.
I want to warn you that whatever you stream online is visible to the Government, ISPs, and Third Parties. Following are some of your details:-
IP Address: 184.108.40.206 Location: Virginia US ISP: AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc.
You must be aware that streaming copyrighted content without a license is illegal and may land you in legal trouble.
I urge you to comply with the rules and regulations in your country, but what if you land up streaming illegal content unintentionally?
Hence, I suggest using the most secure VPN, i.e., IPVanish which has military-grade encryption. In addition, IPVanish enables buffering-free streaming, hides your IP address, Location, and bypasses the geo-restrictions and bandwidth throttling.
How to Install Any Kodi Add-on
There are three standard processes that you need to follow to install any Kodi add-on.
- First, Add the source
- Second, Install the Repository
- Install the Add-on
As mentioned in the following steps, we have to cover this in three parts.
To start installing any Kodi add-on, you should first add the source. To add the Kodi add-on source, follow these steps:-
- First, you have to run Kodi and open Settings.
- Then click on file manager.
- Click on Add Source.
- When you see “enter the paths” or “browse for the media location on-screen”, click on none.
- Then you have to enter the source URL in the designated empty field on the top and click Ok.
Note: You have to enter the exact URL in the box. You can get the source URL from our best Kodi add-ons list.
- You must type the source’s name in the field, enter a name for this media source, and click ok.
Note: You can choose any name which you like. But the intention is to make the name identified with the source.
Move on to the next part, where you must install the repository.
- Go to the Kodi home screen and click on add-ons.
- Click the open-box icon on the top left.
- Now, click on install from the zip file.
- You must remember the name you chose in step 6 earlier and click on it.
- When you open the repository, you should see the zip file corresponding to the add-on you want to install.
Note: You may not find any source name when you click on the zip file. In some folders, it contains repositories inside it with the source. Once you know the repository name, you will not find it too hard to find it inside the folders. The zip files usually use these naming conventions.
- Wait a while; you will get an installation notification in the top-right corner.
Install the Kodi Addon
After some time, you can move on to the third and final part because up to now; you have completed two parts, i.e., a source and a repository.
- Click on install from the repository.
- Then, click on the repository you have installed.
- Moving ahead, click on Video add-ons. (Sometimes, you need to click on Program add-ons, Music add-ons, etc., depending on the add-on you want to install).
- Next, click on add-on and install it from the repository.
- Finally, click on the Install button.
- Please wait for the add-on installed notification to appear on the window’s upper right.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Kodi add-on.
How to Open a Kodi Addon
Once you have installed any Kodi add-on, then follow these steps to open Kodi add-ons:-
- Go to the Kodi Home Screen.
- Click on Add-ons.
- Select the Add-ons type viz. Program Add-ons, Video Add-ons, Music Addons, etc.
Are Kodi Add-ons and Builds the Same?
Well, no! Kodi add-ons and Kodi builds two different things. We have gone through what add-ons are already above in the article. Below, we will go through a Kodi build and how it works.
Simply put, a Kodi Build is nothing but a pre-packaged version of Kodi add-ons. This version of Kodi comes with several selected pre-installed add-ons.
The repository is already linked in this version and comes with a new look and feel. Apart from having a classy look from the new skin, it already has many other settings configured in the software.
Kodi Builds are wildly popular among new users for several reasons. We have mentioned some of the primary reasons below.
- The first reason why Kodi builds are much more prevalent among new users is that they are much easier to use.
- Kodi builds come with many pre-configured settings that allow people with minimum technical knowledge to use the platforms.
- When you get a build installed on your Kodi, it automatically brings several excellent add-ons that provide great entertainment.
Disadvantages of Kodi Builds & Addons
Well, getting a Kodi build looks so good. But have you looked at the other side? Installing Kodi Builds might have several issues that you may have skipped. Significantly, if you are a new Kodi user, the importance increases.
Some of the most frequent issues reported by the users include the following.
- Kodi keeps crashing all the time
- Streaming issues
- Constantly rebooting issues
If you face Kodi not working issues while installing any Kodi add-on, you should refer to our guide for troubleshooting.
Installing any Kodi add-on is a simple task. But before installing any Kodi add-on, you should verify the legality and authenticity of that add-on so that you do not get into any legal trouble.
Bonus Tip:– Always use the best VPN with Kodi before starting streaming.
So, wrapping up, we have described how you can install your favorite add-on Kodi quickly in two minutes.
Before you start streaming on Kodi, I would like to warn you once again that we do not know the source of Kodi Repositories, Wizards, Builds, and Addons and from where they fetch the streams.
The content you stream on Kodi may be copyrighted and may land you in legal trouble because ISPs, Government, and authorized companies may monitor your online activities like streaming copyrighted movies, videos, TV shows, live shows, animes, etc.
To stay protected, and to get an exceptional streaming experience, I suggest you use IPVanish which is the fastest, most secure, and military-grade encryption VPN on the planet. In addition, IPVanish hides your original IP address, and encrypts your internet connection, bypasses bandwidth throttling and geo-restrictions.
I have been personally using IPVanish for a couple of years and what I can say is IPVanish is the best VPN in all aspects for all devices. I did not face any problems with any app or device.
Note: VPNHacks.com does not support or encourage piracy and copyright infringements in any form. You should abide by the rules and regulations in your country. We just want to protect you because sometimes you may land up streaming copyrighted content unintentionally.
IPVanish Hot Deal: Subscribe for as low as $3.33/Month
Taking an IPVanish VPN Subscription is really simple.
1. First, subscribe to IPVanish by clicking here.
Most of all IPVanish comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get a full refund if you are not satisfied (I do not think you will be) with IPVanish and they do not ask for any reason.
2. Once you subscribe IPVanish, download the IPVanish app and open it. Enter your e-mail and password and click on the “Log In” button.
3. Once you are signed in, select the VPN Server location that you want to connect to and click on the connect option.
4. After that, you will see that your IP address has been changed. That’s all. Have a safe streaming.