In this tutorial, we will learn how to delete Kodi addons step by step using multiple methods. Situations may arise that you have to uninstall Kodi addons from Firestick, Android TV box, or any device due to some reasons.
Table of Contents
Why to Uninstall Kodi Addons?
Reasons to Uninstall the Kodi addons might be the following:
- You have got another best Kodi addon or build to install
- You want to update the Kodi
- The addon is causing problem like buffering in streaming
- The addon occupies large space of your Firestick or device
- You have many addons or Kodi builds and you use only a few
- You want to increase Kodi performance
It is always better to delete the addons and builds that you do not use because these will be consuming your resources unnecessarily. Sometimes, Kodi hangs frequently due to the addon or builds creating problems. Another reason can be addon is not updating or the repository path has been changed.
WARNING! YOU NEED A VPN
Your following information is visible to everyone:-IP Address:- 188.8.131.52 Location:- Virginia US ISP:- AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc.
ISPs, Governments, and Application/Addon Developers can monitor and steal your online activity data. Hence, I suggest using the most secure and fastest VPN for Kodi, i.e., ExpressVPN, because ExpressVPN enables buffering-free streaming on Kodi, hides your IP address, Location, and Bypass geo-restrictions and bandwidth throttling.
Fastest Way to Delete Kodi Addons in 2022
This is the short method of how to delete the Kodi addon.
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and click on “Addons“.
2. On the left side, you will find an option “My add-ons“, click on it.
3. Select the addon you want to delete. In this, I have selected to delete the Orion addon.
4. On the bottom-right corner, click on the “Uninstall” button. You have many additional options there like Open, Configure, Auto-Update (to update the addon automatically once any update releases), Dependencies, Disable, Versions, etc.
5. Once you click on “Uninstall“, a confirmation popup appears.
6. Click on the “Yes” button to confirm that you are sure you want to delete the Kodi addon.
7. You will see that the addon has disappeared from the Kodi.
Uninstall Kodi Addon Instantly
This is the second method on how to delete Kodi addons steps, we will delete Doomzday 19 wizard.
1. Go to the “Add-ons” option at the home screen of Kodi.
2. Click on “Program add-ons“.
3. Hover over to the build or the addon you want to delete. I selected “Doomzday 19 Wizard“.
4. Right-click on the Doomzday 19, you will find four options like Information, Disable (Option to disable Kodi addon or build), Settings, “Add to favourites”, etc. Thereafter, click on “Information“.
5. On the bottom-right corner, click on the “Uninstall” button.
6. A popup for the confirmation of the same appears stating that “Are you sure?“, click on “Yes“.
7. Again, another popup appears stating that “Would you also like to remove all related data (e.g. settings) of this add-on?“. Just click on the “Yes” button.
8. When you go back to the “Programs/Add-ons” option, you will not find the deleted addon.
How to Delete a Kodi Source?
To delete a Kodi source, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and click on the “Gear” icon, placed at the top-left corner.
2. Thereafter, go to the “File manager“.
3. I have doomzday source which I had added. Now, I will remove this.
4. Right-click on the Kodi source “doomzday” (In your case, it will be the repo source you want to delete).
5. A dialogue box to get your confirmation appears, click on “Yes“.
Steps to Delete Kodi Addon Data
In order to stream on Kodi smoothly, you should delete addon data once you have deleted the Kodi addon. This will increase the Kodi’s performance.
1. To delete a Kodi addon data, go to the “Settings“ in Kodi.
2. Click on “Media“
3. On the left side pane, select the option “General“.
4. Enable the “Show parent folder items” radio button.
5. Thereafter, go to the “File Manager“.
6. Double click on “Profile directory“.
7. You will find a folder named “addon_data“, just double click on it.
8. Look for the data of the addon that you have uninstalled, thereafter, right click on “script.module.fenomscrapers“.
9. You will have many options viz. Select all, Add to favourites, Rename, Delete, Make new folder, Calculate size, Switch media. Just click on “Delete“.
10. A “Confirm delete” popup appears, just click on “Yes” to confirm the deletion of addon data.
11. You will find that add on data is no more available.
How to Delete a Kodi Repository?
Following are the steps to delete a Kodi repository.
1. To delete a repository click on “Settings“.
2. Thereafter, click on “Add-ons“.
3. In this example, I have selected “Nixgates Repo” to delete.
4. Right click on the repository you want to delete. Once you click, you will find four options viz. Information, Disable, Check for updates, Add to favourites. Just click on “Information“.
5. On the bottom-right, click on “Uninstall“.
6. Thereafter, click on “Yes“, once the confirmation popup appears.
7. That’s all, you no more have your deleted repository.
So, in this tutorial we have discussed how to delete Kodi addons, addons data, remove a Kodi source, delete Kodi repository, etc.
These methods are very much useful when you have too many addons, repositories and builds that are not working anymore. So, it is always better to delete them to save the space and optimize the Kodi performance.
What else can we provide to serve you better, please feel free to use the comment section.
- How to Install Kodi
- Kodi Repositories
- How to Use Kodi
- Kodi 19 Matrix Builds
- Kodi Alternatives
- Magic Dragon Kodi Addon
- How to install No Limits Magic Build
- Official Website of Kodi
Never Miss an Update. Get Free Tricks & Tips.