In this tutorial, we will learn how to install the Alvin Kodi addon in 2-3 minutes. Undoubtedly Alvin is among the top Kodi addons even in 2022. Interestingly, it is a lightweight Kodi addon with a size of around 500KB.
Though Alvin is not from Kodi’s official repository yet Alvin addon library is regularly updated by the developers. Alvin addon, the fork of Exodus addon supports torrent streaming and full HD Videos. Moreover, Alvin is on the list of Kodi 19 Matrix builds and addons and works with Kodi 19.
Alvin is a lightweight Kodi addon and has a simple and user-friendly navigation and layout. Comparatively, you can have buffering-free and fast video streaming on the Alvin addon. Like ThOath Kodi addon, you can also integrate Real-debrid with Alvin addon too.
WARNING! A VPN IS REQUIREDCurrently, your IP address 188.8.131.52 is visible to everyone.
Indeed, ISPs, Governments, Application/Addon Developers can monitor your online activities. Hence, I wholly advise you to use the most secure VPN, i.e., ExpressVPN, because ExpressVPN hides your IP Address and Location. Also, it bypasses Geo-Restrictions, Bandwidth Throttling, etc.
ExpressVPN has unbreakable 256-bit military-grade encryption that encrypts your internet connection and makes your online activities private so that you remain 100% invisible.
How to Install Alvin Kodi Addon
Let us install the Alvin addon step by step.
1. To start the installation process of the Alvin Kodi addon, first, we need to allow installation from unknown sources. Therefore, go to the Kodi settings by clicking on the gear icon located at the top-left of Kodi’s home screen.
2. In the settings menu you will find many options viz. File manager, Add-ons, System information, Event log, etc. Moreover, in settings, we have Player, Media, PVR & Live TV, Services, Games, Interface, Profiles, and System. Click on the System option.
3. On the left sidebar you will find the Add-ons option which is the second last option. Click on the Add-ons option.
4. Then on the radio button named Unknown sources.
5. Click on the Yes button.
6. Once you click on the Yes button, the dialogue box will close.
7. Then go to the File manager option.
8. Click on Add source button to add Alvin source.
9. Then click <None>.
10. Enter the Alvin addon media source location.
11. Media location for installing Alvin Kodi addon is http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus/.
12. By default media source name will be the octopus. Leave it as it is, no need to change.
13. Click the OK button and go back.
14. Now click on the Add-ons option.
Alvin Addon Installation From Zip File
15. Next, click on the Install from zip file option.
16. Click Yes when a warning popup appears.
17. Then click on the octopus option (this is the same option that we have added earlier).
18. Click on the repository.octopus-x.x.xx.zip option.
19. The Octopus Repository installation starts, so wait till the message “Octopus Repository Add-on installed” appears.
Install Alvin From Repository
20. Thereafter, click on Install from repository.
21. Next, you will find three options All repositories, Octopus Repository, and Kodi Add-on repository. So click on Octopus Repository.
22. Then select Video add-ons.
23. Wow! you have your favourite addon available here. Yes, the Alvin. Hurry up and click on the Alvin.
24. Next click on the Install button.
25. Click the OK button when a pop asks for the installation of additional add-ons.
26. Alvin Kodi add-on downloading starts, you can see the progress on the right side.
27. After a few minutes a message appears as “Alvin Add-on installed“.
28. Go to the Add-ons option available on Kodi’s home screen. Open the Alvin addon.
29. You will have many categories like Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Channels, etc.
30. When you click on TV Shows, a list of many categories appears viz. Genres, Networks, Languages, Certificates, People Watching, Most Popular, Highly Rated, Most Voted, TV Show Mosts, Airing today, New TV Shows, etc.
31. When you scroll down Alvin addon TV shows categories you will find even more categories viz. Airing today, New TV Shows, New Episodes, TV Calendar, etc.
32. If you want to watch a movie on the Alvin Kodi addon select the “New Movies” option from the category list.
That’s all, Alvin addon installation process is complete. You can start streaming on the Alvin Kodi addon.