Table of Contents
Proton VPN Guide
This tutorial will guide how to install Proton VPN on windows. Also, we will see errors while installing the ProtonVPN and related questions and answers.
Proton VPN is a popular VPN available in free and paid versions.
Proton VPN supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, Chromebook, Android TV, iPhone, iPad. Like other most secured VPNs, Proton VPN also uses OpenVPN protocol.
How to Install ProtonVPN on Windows
Installing the Proton VPN is just a simple process. To install the ProtonVPN on your Windows system, you need to follow a few steps as mentioned below:-
1. Download the Proton VPN windows app from the official website, i.e., https://protonvpn.com/download-windows
2. Locate the protonvpn.exe file at your default download location; mostly, it is the downloads folder.
3. Double click on the “protonvpn.exe” file.
4. A popup appears stating that “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?“. This message asks for permission; there is no need to worry; click on “Yes“.
5. Installation wizard opens; click on “Next“.
6. Additionally, the wizard asks for installing the Windows .NET framework; it is an essential package to run the Proton VPN.
7. Click on the “I Agree” button and then on the “Next” button.
8. After that, click on the “Install” button; once you click on “Install“, the installation process starts, wait until the process is complete.
9. After Installation Proton VPN app starts automatically. Also, the ProtonVPN app creates an icon on the desktop.
- Best Kodi VPN
- VPN Advantages
- Forticlient VPN
- Hotspot Shield VPN
- Softether VPN
- How to Install Proton VPN
- 911 VPN Guide
- AT&T VPN
How to Use Proton VPN on Windows?
Once you install the ProtonVPN, create an account and log in using that account. You will find available servers from different countries. Select the country of your choice and press the “connect” button. That’s all you need to do.
Is ProtonVPN Available for Linux?
Yes, You can use ProtonVPN on Linux operating system. ProtonVPN supports different flavors of Linux viz. Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, MX Linux, Archlinux, etc.
Does ProtonVPN Have Customer Support?
Yes, ProtonVPN has customer support; you can follow this link https://protonvpn.com/support-form.
What is the Solution For “Error installing the TAP device driver”?
It is probably because of improper downloading of “protonvpn.exe“, Also make sure you run this file as an Administrator while installing the ProtonVPN.
Does ProtonVPN Offer Killswitch?
Yes, Proton VPN offers the Killswitch feature.
Does ProtonVPN Support Windows XP?
Due to vulnerabilities in Windows XP and Vista operating systems, ProtonVPN does not support these operating systems. Moreover, Microsoft has discontinued the support for XP and Vista operating systems.
How to Uninstall ProtonVPN from Windows?
Go to “run” by pressing Windows Key + R, type the command “appwiz.cpl” to view installed programs. Next, select ProtonVPN software from the list and click on “Uninstall“, click on the “Yes” button when a popup appears asking, “Are you sure you want to uninstall?“.
Can I Use ProtonVPN with Kodi?
Yes, to use ProtonVPN with Kodi, you must install a DNS leak tester addon.
Never Miss an Update. Get Free Tricks & Tips.