In this tutorial, we will learn how to install Proton VPN on windows. Also, we will see errors while installing the ProtonVPN and related questions and answers.
Proton VPN is a popular VPN. It offers both free and paid versions. Installing the Proton VPN is just a simple process. Proton VPN supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, Chromebook, Android TV, iPhone, iPad. Like other most secured VPNs, Proton VPN also uses OpenVPN protocol.
How to Install ProtonVPN on Windows
To install the ProtonVPN on your Windows system, you need to follow few steps as mentioned below:-
1. Download the Proton VPN windows app from the official website i.e. https://protonvpn.com/download-windows
2. Locate the protonvpn.exe file at your default download location, mostly it is the downloads folder.
3. Double click on the “protonvpn.exe” file.
4. A popup appears stating that “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”. From this message, it asks for permission, no need to worry, simply click on “Yes”.
5. Installation wizard opens, just click on “Next”.
6. Additionally, the wizard asks for the installation of the Windows .NET framework, it is an essential package to run the Proton VPN.
7. Click on the “I Agree” button and thereafter on the “Next” button.
8. Thereafter, click on the “Install” button, once you click on “Install”, the installation process starts, wait until the process is complete.
9. After Installation Proton VPN app starts automatically. Also, the ProtonVPN app creates an icon on the desktop.
#1. How to use Proton VPN
Once you install the ProtonVPN, create an account and log in using that account. You will find available servers from different countries. Select the country of your choice and press the “connect” button. That’s all you need to do.
#2. Is ProtonVPN available for Linux?
Yes, You can use ProtonVPN on Linux operating system. ProtonVPN supports different flavors of Linux viz. Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, MX Linux, Archlinux, etc.
#3. Does ProtonVPN have customer support?
Yes, ProtonVPN has customer support, you can follow this link https://protonvpn.com/support-form
#4. While Installing the ProtonVPN, I am getting an error “Error installing the TAP device driver”, What can be the reason.
Most probably, it is because of improper downloading of “protonvpn.exe”, Also make sure you run this file as an Administrator while installing the ProtonVPN.
#5. Does ProtonVPN offer Killswitch?
#6. Does ProtonVPN support Windows XP?
No, due to vulnerabilities in Windows XP and Vista operating systems, ProtonVPN does not support these operating systems. Moreover, Microsoft has discontinued the support for XP and Vista operating systems.
#7. How to Uninstall ProtonVPN from Windows?
Go to “run” by pressing Windows Key + R, type the command “appwiz.cpl” to view installed programs. Select ProtonVPN software from the list and click on “Uninstall”, click on the “Yes” button when a popup appears asking “Are you sure you want to uninstall?”.
#8. Can I use ProtonVPN with Kodi?
Yes, to use ProtonVPN with Kodi, you need to install a DNS leak tester addon.