This article will discuss how to fix if your Firestick Remote does not work or suddenly stops working. Generally, the Firestick Remote does not work because of low battery, obstruction between the Remote and Firestick, compatibility, Bluetooth interference, and no light in the Remote. So, check them one by one.
- Check the Firestick Remote Battery
- Minimize Distance Between Remote and Firestick
- Remove the Obstacle Between the Remote and Firestick
- Check Whether the Remote is Paired With Firestick
- Check Whether the Remote Has a Light Blinking
- Remote May Be Damaged
- Check the Compatibility
- Bluetooth Interference
- Use Fire TV Remote App
- Contact Amazon Support Team
- What Should I Do When Remote Does Not Work With New Batteries
- Final Words
Check the Firestick Remote Battery
First, you should check for the Remote battery when the Firestick Remote does not work because sometimes the Remote battery goes down or does not fit properly in the Firestick Remote.
At that time, fitting the battery properly in the Firestick Remote will solve the problem quickly.
The steps to fit the Firestick Remote battery are the following:
- First, open the battery tap from the backside of the Remote
- Here, you will have two batteries, remove them and fit them in the Remote again properly
- After fitting the battery properly, if the Remote doesn’t work, replace the old batteries with new ones
Minimize Distance Between Remote and Firestick
The Firestick and Remote may not communicate if you operate the Remote from a long distance. So, take the Remote close to the Firestick (less than 15 feet distance) and operate it.
Remove the Obstacle Between the Remote and Firestick
The Firestick Remote seems not to be working when there is an obstacle between the Remote and Firestick. So, remove the obstacle to clear the path between the Remote and Firestick.
To overcome the problem, ensure that there is no obstruction between Firestick and the Remote so that it works fine.
Check Whether the Remote is Paired With Firestick
Generally, the Firestick Remote is paired with a Firestick device. So, you only need to set up the Firestick device and give input from the Remote.
But, in some cases, the Firestick Remote does not pair with the Firestick, so check the pairing between Firestick and the Remote; if the Remote is not paired, perform the following steps to pair.
- Firstly, plug in the Firestick device to your TV’s HDMI port
- Switch on the TV
- When the Firestick device starts working on your TV, hold down the Firestick Remote Home button for around 10 seconds
- Remote will pair with Firestick automatically
It is also possible that your Firestick Remote quit working because there is no light in the Remote, i.e., a power light. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the Remote light:
- First, unplug the Firestick device and plug it in again
- Now, take the Remote closer to the TV and press the Home and Back button together for at least 20 seconds
- Again press the Home button for 10 seconds
- Repeat the process more than two times if required
- Now, check the Firestick Remote Light
Remote May Be Damaged
The Firestick Remote also does not work when it is externally or internally damaged. For example, if your Firestick Remote falls from a height or gets wet in water. If the Remote is damaged, then try repairing the Remote, or if it is wet then let it get dried in sunlight.
Check the Compatibility
When you buy a Firestick Remote, check whether the Remote is compatible with the Firestick model by checking the Remote description, version, and generation because there are many models of Firestick in the market.
When you connect other devices like Wireless Speakers, Phones with the Bluetooth of the Firestick device, in that case also, your Firestick Remote does not work because Firestick cannot handle multiple devices altogether.
The best solution is to connect one device with Bluetooth at a time so your Firestick Remote works well without interference.
Use Fire TV Remote App
In addition to the above solutions, you can also use a Fire TV Remote app to control the Firestick device when your Firestick Remote does not work. First, you need to install Fire TV Remote App on your smartphone. While installing the app, remember that your device supports the Android or iOS platforms.
Follow these steps to install the Fire TV Remote app:
- Plug in the Firestick device in your TV
- Download and Install the Fire TV app on your smartphone
- Log in to your Amazon account on Fire TV or create a new one, if you do not have
- Now, choose the Fire TV device from the list of available devices
- After that, Amazon sends you a code on the TV, enter it into the Fire TV app
- Now, you can operate the Fire TV from your mobile phone
Contact Amazon Support Team
If your Firestick Remote does not work even after trying all the ways mentioned above, then the last option is to contact the Amazon Support Team. For that, go to the Customer Service tab of the Amazon website and describe your problem.
Even customer support fails to make your Remote work; the final solution is to replace the Remote.
What Should I Do When Remote Does Not Work With New Batteries
If your Firestick Remote is not working after replacing the new batteries, press the Menu button of the Firestick Remote around nine times. After that, unplug the Firestick device and remove the batteries from the Firestick Remote. Now, wait a minute; after that, plug in the device again and put new batteries in the Remote.
We have listed all possible reasons and solutions if your Firestick Remote does not work. The solutions mentioned above should resolve your problem. Comment below for the solution if you still face any issues after implementing the above solutions.