Generally, the dependency error occurs in Kodi when installing any Kodi add-on on a device because all the Kodi add-ons require dependencies to fetch the data and make it available to users.
At the add-on installation, the process automatically installs the dependencies on your device. If any dependencies installation fails, it shows an error, ‘failed to install a dependency.’ Here, we will tell you some ways to fix the error.
- Clear the Kodi cache
- Clear the Kodi data
- Reinstate the whole database
- Manually install dependencies
Attention! Before You Move Ahead.
I want to warn you that whatever you stream online is visible to the Government, ISPs, and Third Parties. Personally, I dislike someone snooping on my online activities.
Hence, I suggest using the most secure VPN, i.e. IPVanish VPN which has military-grade encryption. Also, IPVanish enables buffering-free streaming, hides your IP address and location, and bypasses geo-restrictions and bandwidth throttling.
Black Friday Offer: Save 81%: Only $2.49/Month
Note:- Streaming copyrighted content without a license is illegal and may land you in legal trouble. VPNHacks.com does not encourage piracy in any way.
Clear the Kodi Cache
Clearing the Kodi cache solves various Kodi dependency errors. However, removing the entire data and restarting the device is a good idea. Ares Wizard is the best way to clear the cache of the Kodi. If you don’t have an Ares Wizard, install it first and follow the below steps:
- Launch Ares Wizard (it shows on Kodi homescreen> addons> program add-ons)
- Click on the Maintenance tab from the top corner of the screen
- Click on the ‘Delete Cache/Temp’ option on the right side of the cache section
- After the deletion of the cache, a pop-up menu will appear. Click OK to proceed further
Clear the Kodi Data
Sometimes clearing the cache doesn’t resolve the dependency error. At that time, we had to remove all the Kodi data. To remove the data using Ares wizard, follow the steps given below:
- Launch Ares wizard and click on the More tab option
- Now, choose the ‘Erase all Data/Fresh Start‘ option shown on the screen
- Click on the Yes button to proceed further
- After that, a pop menu will appear from which you have to choose to retain your favorites, sources, and addon settings option and click on the proceed button.
This whole process hardly takes 1 to 2 minutes to clear all data.
Reinstate the Whole Database
Generally, Kodi retains various things together; at that time, there is a chance that most of the files get corrupted. Some of the steps to remove the database are the following:
- Navigate to Kodi’s home screen and choose Settings
- Click on the “File Manager” option
- Now, select the profile directory from the screen
- Next, click on the “Database” tab
- Then, select “Addons27.db” and right-click on your window
- Click on the delete option shown there
- At last, click on the Yes button to confirm the action
Manually Install Dependencies
If all the error solving option doesn’t work, the last option is to install all dependencies manually again:-
- On the Kodi home screen, click on Settings and choose the System Settings option.
- Then, click on the add-ons and enable the unknown source option
- Click Yes to proceed further
- Go to the Kodi home screen again go to “Settings,” and choose the “File Manager” option
- Click the “Add source” option
- Enter the URL as http://fusion.tvaddons.co
(Note: type it correctly because it is the source from where you install the repository)
- Click on the OK button to continue.
- Then, enter the name of the media source as per your choice
- Again click on OK to proceed further
- Next, go back to the home page of Kodi and click on the Addons option
- Click on the box icon available at the top of the screen to install packages
- Click on the “Install from zip file” option shows there
- Then, click on the name of the media source entered earlier
- Open the Kodi repository and click on the English language
- Scroll down the cursor and choose the ‘repository.xxx-x.x.x.zip’ file
- Wait until you get an Add-on installation notification
Related Kodi Problems
- Kodi Not Working Reasons
- Kodi Unable to Connect Problem
- Kodi No Streams Available
- Could not connect to repository Error
We hope this article solves your “failed to install the Kodi dependency error”. Also, if you have any questions or suggestions, please comment below.
Before you start streaming on Firestick Apps/Websites, I would like to warn you once again that we do not know from where these Apps, Websites, Kodi Repositories, Wizards, Builds, and Addons fetch the streams.
The content you stream on Firestick Apps may be copyrighted and may land you in legal trouble even if you stream them unintentionally. Most of all, ISPs, Government, and authorized companies may monitor your online activities like streaming copyrighted movies, videos, TV shows, live shows, animes, etc.
To stay protected, and to get an exceptional streaming experience, I suggest you use IPVanish which is the fastest, most secure, and military-grade encryption VPN for Firestick. In addition, IPVanish hides your original IP address, encrypts your internet connection, and bypasses bandwidth throttling and geo-restrictions.
I have been personally using IPVanish for a couple of years and what I can say is that IPVanish is the best VPN for Firestick Apps in all aspects for all devices because the VPN unlocks geo-restricted streams and enhances my streaming experience.
Disclaimer: VPNHacks.com does not support or encourage piracy and copyright infringements in any form. You should abide by the rules and regulations in your country. We just want to protect you because sometimes you may end up streaming copyrighted content unintentionally.
Taking an IPVanish VPN Subscription is really simple.
1. First, subscribe to IPVanish by clicking here.
Most of all, IPVanish comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get a full refund if you are unsatisfied (I do not think you will be) with IPVanish, and they do not ask for any reason.
2. Once you subscribe to IPVanish, download the IPVanish app and open it. Enter your e-mail and password and click the “Log In” button.
3. Once you are signed in, select the VPN Server location that you want to connect to and click on the connect option.
4. After that, you will see that your IP address has been changed. This way, you can protect your privacy and have an exceptional streaming experience.