Solutions for Failed to Install a Dependency Error in Kodi
Generally, the dependency error occurs in Kodi when installing any Kodi add-on on a device because all the Kodi add-ons require dependencies to fetch the data and make it available to users.
At the add-on installation, the process automatically installs the dependencies on your device. If any dependencies installation fails, it shows an error, ‘failed to install a dependency.’ Here, we will tell you some ways to fix the error.
- Clear the Kodi cache
- Clear the Kodi data
- Reinstate the whole database
- Manually install dependencies
I want to warn you that whatever you stream online is visible to the Government, ISPs, and Third Parties. Following are some of your details:-
IP Address: 126.96.36.199 Location: Virginia US ISP: AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc.
You must be aware that streaming copyrighted content without a license is illegal and may land you in legal trouble.
I urge you to comply with the rules and regulations in your country, but what if you land up streaming illegal content unintentionally?
No worries, there is a foolproof way.
Hence, I suggest using the most secure VPN, i.e., ExpressVPN, which has military-grade encryption. In addition, ExpressVPN enables buffering-free streaming, hides your IP address, Location, and bypasses the geo-restrictions and bandwidth throttling.
Clear the Kodi Cache
Clearing the Kodi cache solves various Kodi dependency errors. However, removing the entire data and restarting the device is a good idea. Ares Wizard is the best way to clear the cache of the Kodi. If you don’t have an Ares Wizard, install it first and follow the below steps:
- Launch Ares Wizard (it shows on Kodi homescreen> addons> program add-ons)
- Click on the Maintenance tab from the top corner of the screen
- Click on the ‘Delete Cache/Temp’ option on the right side of the cache section
- After the deletion of the cache, a pop-up menu will appear. Click OK to proceed further
Clear the Kodi Data
Sometimes clearing the cache doesn’t resolve the dependency error. At that time, we have to remove all the Kodi data. To remove the data using Ares wizard, follow the steps given below:
- Launch Ares wizard and click on the More tab option
- Now, choose the ‘Erase all Data/Fresh Start‘ option shown on the screen
- Click on the Yes button to proceed further
- After that, a pop-menu will appear from which you have to choose to retain your favorites, sources, and addon settings option and click on proceed button.
This whole process hardly takes 1 to 2 minutes to clear all data.
Reinstate the Whole Database
Generally, Kodi retains various things together; at that time, there is a chance that most of the files get corrupted. Some of the steps to remove the database are the following:
- Navigate to Kodi’s home screen and choose Settings
- Click on the “File Manager” option
- Now, select the profile directory from the screen
- Next, click on the “Database” tab
- Then, select “Addons27.db” and right-click on your window
- Click on the delete option shown there
- At last, click on the Yes button to confirm the action
Manually Install Dependencies
If all the error solving option doesn’t work, the last option is to install all dependencies manually again:-
- On the Kodi home screen, click on the Settings and choose the System Settings option.
- Then, click on the add-ons and enable the unknown source option
- Click Yes to proceed further
- Go to the Kodi home screen again and go to “Settings,” and choose the “File Manager” option
- Click the “Add source” option
- Enter the URL as http://fusion.tvaddons.co
(Note: type it correctly because it is the source from where you install the repository)
- Click on the OK button to continue.
- Then, enter the name of the media source as per your choice
- Again click on OK to proceed further
- Next, go back to the home page of Kodi and click on the Addons option
- Click on the box icon available at the top of the screen to install packages
- Click on the “Install from zip file” option shows there
- Then, click on the name of the media source entered earlier
- Open the Kodi repository and click on the English language
- Scroll down the cursor and choose the ‘repository.xxx-x.x.x.zip’ file
- Wait until you get an Add-on installation notification
Related Kodi Problems
We hope this article solves your “failed to install the Kodi dependency error”. Also, if you have any questions and suggestions, feel free to comment below.
Finally, as a privacy advocate, I strongly recommend using ExpressVPN always while streaming online.