Kodi 20 Nexus is the latest version after the successful launch of the Kodi 19 Matrix. Here, Nexus is the codename of the Kodi 20, like the earlier Kodi versions, Kodi 16 Jarvis, 17 Krypton, 18 Leia, and 19 Matrix.
All codenames are in alphabetical order. So, after the Matrix version, the next will start with N. So, developers decided to name it Nexus after the voting.
Here, we have discussed Kodi 20 Nexus release date, features, platforms, and download links.
Kodi Versions History
Kodi 20 Alpha Version
As of now, Kodi 20 is in the Alpha stage, where users can download its prerelease version and find the bugs of the developers. This phase is released every week with an upgrade version.
After getting its reviews, the developers release its Beta version. The Beta version is the last step before the final release of the Kodi 20 Nexus. We can expect the Kodi 20 Nexus to release in the summer of 2023.
Kodi 20 Alpha 1
The first Alpha version of the Kodi 20, Alpha 1, was launched on 16th May 2022. So, let us know its exciting features:-
- AV1 hardware decoding for Android and Linux via VAAPI
- Bump to FFMPEG 4.4
- Change text alignment for closed caption subtitles
- Apply the latest font style settings like background type/color, border size/color, shadow color, and blur
- Override subtitles metadata like position and style
- Set font size with point/pixel proportion
- Arrange subtitles with dynamic positions through position tags
- Set underlined and strikethrough text style support
- Set the new wide color palette in color settings
- SAMI format to support multiple languages
- TX3G format to support colors, multiple styles, and alpha channel
- Change Subtitle settings in playback without applying side effects
- Display correct subtitle in windowed mode
- Latest VPlayer for multiline text
- Better font list setting where the actual names of the fonts are shown
- Support for OpenType font type (OTF)
- Calibration window to reset the calibration settings
- Display ASS/SSA subtitles without flickering
- Image-based subtitle rendering to maintain a better aspect ratio
- Support for WebVTT subtitle format
- Fix Blu-Rays and DVD ISOs in file mode
- Fix playback of some optical discs on Linux (incorrect mapping of mount points)
- Code cleanup and platform split of disc handling
- Skin cosmetics
- duplicated context menu items in fixed mode
EDL (Edit Decision List )
- Fix EDL mute sections
- EDL cuts
- Fix wrap lists and hitrect on auto-sized buttons
- Fix context menu options not triggering the respective built-in action
- Volume setting option for GUI sounds
- Password reveal button in keyboard dialog
So, the changes mentioned above/enhancements are available in Kodi 20 Alpha 1. We will update here once the new features are released in subsequent Kodi versions.
Before you start streaming on Kodi, I would like to warn you once again that we do not know the source of Kodi Repositories, Wizards, Builds, and Addons and from where they fetch the streams.
The content you stream on Kodi may be copyrighted and may land you in legal trouble because ISPs, Government, and authorized companies may monitor your online activities like streaming copyrighted movies, videos, TV shows, live shows, animes, etc.
To stay protected, and to get an exceptional streaming experience, I suggest you use ExpressVPN which is the fastest, most secure, and military-grade encryption VPN on the planet. In addition, ExpressVPN hides your original IP address, and encrypts your internet connection, bypasses bandwidth throttling and geo-restrictions.
I have been personally using ExpressVPN for a couple of years and what I can say is ExpressVPN is the best VPN in all aspects for all devices. I did not face any problems with any app or device.
Note: VPNHacks.com does not support or encourage piracy and copyright infringements in any form. You should abide by the rules and regulations in your country. We just want to protect you because sometimes you may land up streaming copyrighted content unintentionally.
ExpressVPN Hot Deal: Get 12 Months Subscription + 3 Months Extra Free
Taking an ExpressVPN is really simple.
1. First, subscribe to ExpressVPN by clicking here.
Most of all ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get a full refund if you are not satisfied (I do not think you will be) with ExpressVPN and they do not ask for any reason.
2. Once you subscribe the ExpressVPN, download the ExpressVPN app and open it. Enter your activation code or you may use the Email Sign-in link.
3. Once you are signed in, select the VPN Server location that you want to connect to and click on the Power icon button.
4. After that, you will see that your IP address has been changed. That’s all. Have a safe streaming.