In this guide, we have provided a step-by-step guide to learn, how to install Kodi on Firestick. For your better understanding, we have provided the screenshots also. So that you do not get any difficulty while installing the Kodi on Firestick. You just need to follow the steps and your device is ready in a few minutes. Further, this guide also helps you to install Kodi on other devices, such as Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Stick 4K. Let’s have a short introduction about Firestick, before installation.
All in all, Amazon’s Fire TV is a set of digital media players that let you stream video content to your TV Box through your internet connection. It provides popular entertainment services to its users. Kodi allows you to stream free Movies, TV Shows, News, Kids, Live Channels, Sports, and more. Firestick enables its users with continuous streaming from Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, Sony LIV, Zee5, Voot, BBC, and etc.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install Kodi on FireStick
By following the below steps we will learn to install the latest version of Kodi 19.0 Matrix on Amazon Firestick device quite easily.
Step 1: Start with Settings
Before proceeding ahead you have to keep in mind that it’s necessary to direct your Fire TV / Stick to allow third-party applications. Make sure to allow this from settings. Because If you do not allow it, no installation techniques will run. Follow the below points to turn it on:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your Fire TV/Stick/Device. You can easily see it via navigating to the top and scrolling to the right. You see there is an option named ‘Settings‘ in the end.
- Scroll and pick ‘My Fire TV’ and then pick ‘Developer Options‘.
- Now you see an option to enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources‘. This option requires to be turned on to permit third-party applications. You may also permit ADB debugging (optional). You will receive a warning popup, ignore it to proceed ahead.
- Now go back to Settings and click on Preferences > Privacy Settings. Now, check the Device Usage Data & Collect App Usage Data, make sure both are turned off. However, if these are by default turned off then leave and move forward.
Step 2: Use Downloader app
The downloader app is accessible free of cost on the Amazon App Store. Of course, it is the most recommended, simplest, and securest method for installing Kodi on your device. Follow the below points to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV/Stick through Downloader.
- Navigate to the top of the Amazon App Store and hover over the ‘search icon‘ on the top-left side of the screen. Click on it;
- Search for ‘Downloader‘. You can see the application’s name present on the screen. Click on the Downloader.
Further, after installing the Downloader app on your device, we are only 1 step away to install Kodi on Firestick.
Step 3: Install Kodi on Firestick
This is the final step, in this step, you will learn how to install Kodi (Matrix) on your device i.e Amazon Fire TV Stick. Follow the below-given points for installation:
If you follow all the steps carefully, Kodi will be installed successfully on your device. If this method doesn’t work and Kodi is not installed on Fire TV Stick, you may try another method discussed below.
Install Kodi on FireStick Using ES File Explorer
This method is slightly similar to the previously described installation method. The downloader app does not cost you anything, it is completely free. If you have already installed Kodi on Fire TV Stick via the Downloader method, (skip this part).
On the other hand, ES File Explorer is used on all types of Streaming media devices. It does not transfer the data of third-party apps for free. If you like to Install Kodi through ES File Explorer, you need a premium subscription. It costs you $9.99 per month. You can easily get ES File Explorer on Amazon Store. Follow the below points to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick in 2021 via ES File Explorer within few minutes.
Step 1: Navigate to Settings
Before proceeding ahead you have to keep in mind that it’s necessary to direct your Fire TV / Stick to allow third-party applications. Make sure to allow this from settings. Because If you do not allow it, no one of the installation techniques will run. Follow the below points to turn it on:
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV/Stick/Device. You can easily see it via navigating to the top and scrolling to the right. You see there is an option ‘Settings‘ in the end.
- Scroll and pick ‘My Fire TV’ and then pick ‘Developer Options’.
- Consequently, you see an option to enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources‘. This option requires to be turned on to permit third-party applications.
Step 2: Use ES File Explorer
- First of all, go to the head of the screen and then scroll to the left. Now, hover over the ‘search icon‘. Click on it, after clicking on the search icon you will see a virtual keyboard.
- Search for ‘ES File Explorer‘. You can see the application’s name already present on the virtual keyboard screen. Click on the ES File Explorer.
- Now you see multiple applications on the screen. Click on the ES File Explorer app icon (you can see it in a sky-blue color folder with an ‘ES’ head on it.
- Further, to install the ES File Explorer app on FireStick, follow the instructions you are seeing on the screen.
- Click on ‘New’ at the end.
- Enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk in the popup window or you can pick any name of your choice.
- After submitting the address, Kodi download will start the process.
- Henceforth, you need to wait till the Kodi download is in progress.
- Click on Open File > Install.
- Click done, now Kodi is installed on your device. However, if you want to change the location of the app, you can easily rearrange it.
Install Kodi on FireStick Using Apps2Fire
The name ‘Apps2Fire‘, itself describes that it is the relation between the Apps i.e Kodi and Firestick device. Of course, you are allowed to upload apps from your Android phone to your Fire TV Stick. Before that, you have to enable the ‘developer options’ on your device i.e Fire TV.
First of all, you have to download Apps2Fire and Kodi on your Android mobile phone. Further, to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick device via Apps2Fire, follow the below-given points.
- Open the Play Store app.
- In the ‘search bar‘ at the head of the screen, enter ‘Kodi’.
- Now, choose Kodi from the search outcomes.
- Click on ‘Install’ and you have to wait till the Kodi app downloads and installs on your device.
- Now, repeat the same process for Apps2Fire.
- After downloading both of the apps (Kodi and Apps2Fire) on your Android device, you are ready to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick.
- First, you need to insert the Fire TV IP address into Apps2Fire. On your device, navigate to Settings > Device > About > Network. On the rightmost side of the screen, you find your device’s IP Address.
- Now ‘Launch‘ the Apps2Fire on your Android device by allowing all Terms and Conditions.
- Go to Setup, here you need to enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick. Insert and save.
- Go back to the ‘app’s Home Page, hit on Kodi and you will be questioned whether you like to install it. Finally, validate your decision.
- You will be informed when Kodi has been installed.
I have explained the free as well as paid applications, to install the Kodi on Fire TV Stick. I believe that you got this guide to be effective. Moreover, if you have any queries or want to suggest something more genuine. Kindly, let us know via the comments section provided below.