In this guide, we will learn how to install Kodi on Firetvstick step by step. There are many ways to install Kodi on Firetvstick instantly. Here, we will learn the best ways to install.
Just follow the steps mentioned in this tutorial. In this guide, we will focus on installing Kodi on Fitetivstick. Similarly, the same method is applicable to other devices, such as Firetvstick Max, Firetvstick Lite, Firetvcube, and Fire TV Stick 4K. Let’s have a short introduction about Firestick, before installation.
All in all, Amazon’s Fire TV is a set of digital media players that let you stream video content to your TV Box through your internet connection. It provides popular entertainment services to its users.
Coming to Kodi, it allows you to stream free Movies, TV Shows, News, Kids, Live Channels, Sports content. Firetvstick enables its users with continuous streaming from Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, Sony LIV, Zee5, Voot, BBC, etc.
WARNING! A VPN IS REQUIREDCurrently, your IP address 126.96.36.199 is visible to everyone.
Indeed, ISPs, Governments, Application/Addon Developers can monitor your online activities. Hence, I wholly advise you to use the most secure VPN, i.e., ExpressVPN, because ExpressVPN hides your IP Address and Location. Also, it bypasses Geo-Restrictions, Bandwidth Throttling, etc.
ExpressVPN has unbreakable 256-bit military-grade encryption that encrypts your internet connection and makes your online activities private so that you remain 100% invisible.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install Kodi on Firestick – Method 1
1. Go to “Settings” on your Firetvstick/Device. You can easily see it via navigating to the top and scrolling to the right. You see there is an option named “Settings” in the end.
2. Scroll down and choose the ‘My Fire TV’ option, thereafter, click on “Developer Options“.
3. Next, enable “Apps from Unknown Sources“ to allow the installation of third-party applications. Also, enable “ADB debugging“. Ignore the warning message.
4. Then, go back to “Settings” and select “Preferences“ and then “Privacy Settings“. Next, turn off “Device Usage Data“ & “Collect App Usage Data“.
5. Navigate to the top of the Amazon App Store and click on the “Search“ button.
6. Type “Downloader” in the search box. As soon as you enter “Downloader”, you will find the app below the search box. Click on the Downloader app and install.
7. Next, allow the downloader app to access media files.
8. Open the Downloader app.
9. You will find a text box with the caption “Enter a URL or search term“.
10. Thereafter, enter the URL as https://www.kodi.tv/download.
11. Click on the “Go” button.
12. A page from Kodi’s official website will open.
13. Click on the Android option, Another page opens, there you click on “ARMV7A (32BIT)” to install Kodi on firestick.
14. As soon as you click on ARMV7A (32BIT) option, Firetvstick will start downloading the Kodi.
15. Once the Kodi installation is complete, open the Kodi from Apps option on Firetvstick.
If you follow all the steps carefully, Kodi will be installed successfully on your device. If this method doesn’t work and Kodi is not installed on Fire TV Stick, you may try another method mentioned below.
Kodi Installation Using ES File Explorer – Method 2
This method is slightly similar to the previously described installation method. The downloader app does not cost you anything, it is completely free. If you have already installed Kodi on Fire TV Stick via the Downloader method, (skip this part).
On the other hand, ES File Explorer is used on all types of Streaming media devices. It does not transfer the data of third-party apps for free. If you like to Install Kodi through ES File Explorer, you need a premium subscription. It costs you $9.99 per month. You can easily get ES File Explorer on Amazon Store. Follow the below points to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV or Firetvstick in 2022 via ES File Explorer within a few minutes.
Before proceeding ahead you have to keep in mind that it’s necessary to direct your Fire TV / Stick to allow third-party applications. Make sure to allow this from settings. Because If you do not allow it, no one of the installation techniques will run. Follow the below points to turn it on:
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV/Stick/Device. You can easily see it via navigating to the top and scrolling to the right. You see there is an option ‘Settings‘ in the end.
- Scroll and pick ‘My Fire TV’ and then pick ‘Developer Options’.
- Consequently, you see an option to enable ‘Apps from Unknown Sources‘. This option requires to be turned on to permit third-party applications.
- Go to the home screen and then scroll to the left. Now, hover over the ‘search icon‘. Click on it, after clicking on the search icon you will see a virtual keyboard.
- Search for ‘ES File Explorer‘. You can see the application’s name already present on the virtual keyboard screen. Click on the ES File Explorer.
- Now you see multiple applications on the screen. Click on the ES File Explorer app icon (you can see it in a sky-blue color folder with an ‘ES’ head on it.
- Further, to install the ES File Explorer app on FireStick, follow the instructions you are seeing on the screen.
- Click on ‘New’ at the end.
- Enter https://www.kodi.tv/download/ in the popup window or you can pick any name of your choice.
- After submitting the address, Kodi download will start the process.
- Henceforth, you need to wait till the Kodi download is in progress.
- Click on Open File.
- Then, click on Install button.
- Click Done, now Kodi is installed on your Firetvstick. However, if you want to change the location of the app, you can easily rearrange it.
Install Kodi Using Apps2Fire – Method 3
The name ‘Apps2Fire‘, itself describes that it is the relation between the Apps i.e Kodi and Firestick device. Of course, you are allowed to upload apps from your Android phone to your Firetvstick. Before that, you have to enable the “developer options” on your device i.e Fire TV.
First of all, you have to download Apps2Fire and Kodi on your Android mobile phone. Further, to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick device via Apps2Fire, follow the below-given points.
- Open the Play Store app.
- In the ‘Search bar‘ at the head of the screen, enter ‘Kodi’.
- Now, choose Kodi from the search outcomes.
- Click on ‘Install’ and you have to wait till the Kodi app downloads and installs on your device.
- Now, repeat the same process for Apps2Fire.
- After downloading both of the apps (Kodi and Apps2Fire) on your Android device, you are ready to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick.
- First, you need to insert the Fire TV IP address into Apps2Fire. On your device, navigate to Settings > Device > About > Network. On the rightmost side of the screen, you find your device’s IP Address.
- Now ‘Launch‘ the Apps2Fire on your Android device by allowing all Terms and Conditions.
- Go to Setup, here you need to enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick. Insert and save.
- Go back to the ‘app’s Home Page, hit on Kodi and you will be questioned whether you like to install it. Finally, validate your decision.
- You will be informed when Kodi has been installed.
Final Words on Kodi Installation
I have explained the free as well as paid applications, to install the Kodi on Firestick. I believe that you got this guide to be effective. Moreover, if you have any queries or want to suggest something more genuine. Kindly, let us know via the comments section provided below.