This guide will learn how to install Kodi on Firestick step by step. There are many ways to install Kodi on Firestick instantly. Here, we will learn the best ways to install it.
Just follow the steps mentioned in this tutorial. In this guide, we will focus on installing Kodi on Firestick. Similarly, the same method applies to other devices, such as Firestick Max, Firestick Lite, Firecube, and Fire TV Stick 4K.
Once, you successfully install the Kodi on Firestick, install any Kodi add-on and start streaming. You may install specific Sports add-ons, anime add-ons, or live TV add-ons. If you cannot decide which add-on to install, simply choose one from the top Kodi add-ons or Kodi Builds.
Kodi allows you to stream free Movies, TV Shows, News, Kids, Live Channels, and Sports content. In addition, you can watch popular streaming website content by installing their respective add-on on Kodi, viz. HBO Max add-on, Netflix add-on, Disney+ add-on, etc.
I want to warn you that whatever you stream online is visible to the Government, ISPs, and Third Parties. Following are some of your details:-
IP Address: 18.104.22.168 Location: Virginia US ISP: AS14618 Amazon.com, Inc.
You must be aware that streaming copyrighted content without a license is illegal and may land you in legal trouble.
I urge you to comply with the rules and regulations in your country, but what if you land up streaming illegal content unintentionally?
No worries, there is a foolproof way.
Hence, I suggest using the most secure VPN, i.e., ExpressVPN, which has military-grade encryption. In addition, ExpressVPN enables buffering-free streaming, hides your IP address, Location, and bypasses the geo-restrictions and bandwidth throttling.
Steps to Install Kodi on Firestick – Method 1
1. Go to “Settings” on your “Firestick/Device“. You can easily see it by navigating to the top and scrolling right. You see, there is an option named “Settings” at the end.
2. Scroll down and choose the “My Fire TV” option; click on “Developer Options “afterward.
3. Next, enable “Apps from Unknown Sources” to allow the installation of third-party applications. Also, enable “ADB debugging”. Ignore the warning message.
4. Then, go back to “Settings” and select “Preferences” and then “Privacy Settings”. Next, turn off “Device Usage Data” & “Collect App Usage Data”.
5. Navigate to the top of the Amazon App Store and click on the “Search” button.
6. Type “Downloader” in the search box. As soon as you enter “Downloader”, you will find the app below the search box. Click on the Downloader app and install it.
7. Next, allow the downloader app to access media files.
8. Open the Downloader app.
9. You will find a text box with the caption “Enter a URL or search term”.
10. after that, enter the URL as https://www.kodi.tv/download.
11. Click on the “Go” button.
12. A page from Kodi’s official website will open.
13. Click on the Android option; another page opens, and you click on “ARMV7A (32BIT)” to install Kodi on Firestick.
14. As soon as you click on ARMV7A (32BIT) option, Firestick will start downloading the Kodi.
15. Once the Kodi installation is complete, open the Kodi from Apps option on Firestick.
If you follow all the steps carefully, you will install Kodi successfully on your device. However, if this method doesn’t work and you cannot install Kodi on Firestick, you may try another way mentioned below.
Kodi Installation Using ES File Explorer – Method 2
This method is slightly similar to the previously described installation method. However, the downloader app does not cost you anything; it is entirely free if you have already installed Kodi on Firestick via the Downloader method (skip this part).
On the other hand, most streaming devices use ES File Explorer. It does not transfer the data of third-party apps for free. If you like to Install Kodi through ES File Explorer, you need a premium subscription. It costs you $9.99 per month.
You can quickly get ES File Explorer on Amazon Store. Follow the below points to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV or Firestick in 2023 via ES File Explorer within a few minutes.
Before proceeding, you must remember that it’s necessary to direct your Fire TV / Stick to allow third-party applications. Make sure to enable this from settings. Because If you do not allow it, no one of the installation techniques will run. Follow the below points to turn it on:
1. Go to Settings on your Firestick/Device. You can easily see it by navigating to the top and scrolling right. You see, there is an option, “Settings” at the end.
2. Scroll, pick “My Fire TV” and then select “Developer Options”.
3. Consequently, you see an option to enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”. Turn this option on to allow third-party applications.
4. Go to the home screen and then scroll to the left. Now, hover over the ‘search icon ‘. Click on it; you will see a virtual keyboard after clicking on the search icon.
5. Search for “ES File Explorer”. You can see the application’s name on the virtual keyboard screen. Click on the ES File Explorer.
6. Now, you see multiple applications on the screen. Click on the ES File Explorer app icon (see it in a sky-blue color folder with an ‘ES’ head.
7. Further, to install the ES File Explorer app on FireStick, follow the instructions you see on the screen.
8. Click on ‘New’ at the end.
9. Enter https://www.kodi.tv/download/ in the popup window, or you can pick any name of your choice.
10. After submitting the address, Kodi download will start the process.
11. Henceforth, you need to wait till the Kodi download is in progress.
12. Click on Open File.
13. Then, click on the Install button.
14. Click Done; now Kodi is installed following the below-given points on your Firestick. However, change the app’s location if you want to change it.
Install Kodi Using Apps2Fire – Method 3
The name ‘Apps2Fire ‘describes the relationship between the Apps, i.e., Kodi and Firestick devices. First, of course, you are allowed to upload apps from your Android phone to your Firestick. But, before that, you have to enable the “developer options” on your device, i.e., Fire TV.
First, you must download Apps2Fire and Kodi on your Android mobile phone. Further, follow the below-given points to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV Stick device via Apps2Fire.
1. Open the Play Store app.
2. In the ‘Search bar at the head of the screen, enter “Kodi“.
3. Now, choose Kodi from the search outcomes.
4. Click on “Install“, and you have to wait till the Kodi app downloads and installs on your device.
5. Now, repeat the same process for Apps2Fire.
6. After downloading both apps (Kodi and Apps2Fire) on your Android device, you are ready to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick.
7. First, insert the Fire TV IP address into Apps2Fire. Then, navigate your device’s Settings > Device > About > Network. On the rightmost side of the screen, you find your device’s IP Address.
8. Now, ‘Launch ‘the Apps2Fire on your Android device by allowing all Terms and Conditions.
9. Go to Setup here; you need to enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick. Insert and save.
10. Go back to the app’s Home page, hit Kodi, and click Yes to install the Kodi.
A message will appear after the Kodi installation is complete.
Final Words on Kodi Installation
I have explained the free and paid applications to install Kodi on Firestick. I believe that you got this guide to be practical. Moreover, if you have any queries or want to suggest something more genuine, kindly let us know via the comments section below.
- DeathStar Kodi Addon
- Best Kodi Builds
- Best Kodi Addons
- Magic Dragon Addon
- Tempest Kodi Addon
- Kodi Alternatives
Finally, as a privacy advocate, I strongly recommend using ExpressVPN always while streaming online.